25th Annual Meeting of the Swiss Society for Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine (SSB+RM2019)
May 22-23, 2019
The 1.5 day conference is open to everybody interested in the scientific, technological and medical aspect of biomaterials. The meeting is aimed at scientists, engineers, medical doctors and industrial representatives who work with implant materials or tissue engineering for regenerative medicine. A special session on Biodegradable Materials is planned.
- Prof. Dr. Regine Willumeit-Römer (Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany) “The Interplay Between Biodegradable Mg Implants And Cells And Tissues“
- Dr. Thomas Hefti and Mrs. Philine Baumann-Zumstein (Vascular Interventions, Biotronik AG, Bülach) “Resorbable Magnesium Scaffolds For Coronary Vascular Intervention; From Bench To Clinics”
- Dr. Joëlle Amédée-Vilamitjana (Tissue Bioengineering, Université de Bordeaux) “Vascularisation and innervation in regenerative medicine”
- Dr. Maurizio Gullo (FHNW, Institute for Medical Engineering and Medical Informatics IM2) “Challenges In 3D Biofabrication – From Organs On Chip Towards Organ Replacement”
- Prof. Dr. Martin A. McNally (University of Oxford, President of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society) “Biodegradable Antibiotic Carriers In Prevention And Treatment Of Bone And Joint Infections”
- Prof. Dr. Leonard Charles Marais (Orthopedic Surgery, University Kwazulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa) “Reconstruction Of Bone Defects”.
Young Scientists Workshop
A dedicated workshop organized for the Young Scientists of the SSB+RM will be held as a pre-meeting event. Daniel Seiler will lead this workshop entitled “Patient-Specific Implants Produced By Additive Manufacturing” including hands-on practice and a tour through the implant manufacturing labs at the FHNW Campus Muttenz.