What does the SSB+RM do?
The SSB+RM Charter and Bylaws define the aims of the SSB+RM.
The Executive Committee of the SSB+RM proposes actions to fulfill these aims, in particular focusing on the relationship between Clinics, Research and Industry.
More specifically, the SSB+RM:
- organizes a scientific meeting once a year, where the general assembly is also held. Attendance to the scientific meeting has a reduced price for SSB+RM members. An Apéro is organized at the end of the meeting to promote the communication between participants.
- provides a networking platform for biomaterials producers, researchers and users
- sponsors travel awards for students and students with a contribution to the annual SSB+RM conference can attend the meeting free of charge.
- give two awards for best PhD and MD thesis on Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine.
- maintains a website to promote the transfer of information in the national biomaterials community (e.g. list of new jobs and congresses in biomaterials)
- has eCM as its official journal. 2010 was the tenth anniversary of eCM True Open Access Journal. eCM received its new Impact Factor of 5.378, making this the number 1 journal in the area of trauma research (short history).